Our client, a leading shipping company based in Cobh, Co. Cork, require a Mechanical Fitter/ Diesel Mechanic to join their team on a permanent basis…
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Operatives & Trades People
- Mechanical Sector Trades
Mechanical FitterApply Online
Our client, a leading shipping company based in Cobh, Co. Cork, require a Mechanical Fitter/ Diesel Mechanic to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Cobh Dockyard and will consist of the maintenance and repair of various ships diesel engines.
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Repair and maintenance of engines and the fitting of new parts when necessary.
- Condition monitoring using modern maintenance techniques
- Qualified Fitter with relevant experience.
- Experience with working with diesel engines, ideally on ships.
- Must demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills.
The hours of work are generally 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am – 3.30pm on Friday.
The candidate would be expected to be ‘on call’ for 1 weekend in every 3. An ‘on call’ payment of €63.00 is paid whether the fitter is required or not. Overtime is then paid if the fitter is called to work that weekend.
A company van is included with the role.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply with your CV via the link provided. Call Ward Personnel on 021 331 0124 for more information.