Our client, a leading Main Contractor in Ireland, is looking to employ a Senior Estimator who will assist in the ongoing development of systems and procedures used in tendering, and will keep up to date with contractual changes and other developments in the construction industry.
Szukaj naszych ofert pracy« Wróć do poszukiwania pracy
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Management & Engineering Staff
Senior EstimatorZłożyć wniosek online
The ideal candidate will be: preparing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and other information so as to secure profitable work orders. This involves sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations, analysing information for ambiguity, risk and qualification and seeking clarification where necessary.
A very competitive payment package is on offer for this role.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Create and submit tenders to clients
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services
- Analyse and review project drawings / technical specifications / contract requirements to ensure you are clear on what is to be tendered
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Discuss elements of the project with Site, Production or other sources to ensure a proper cost base is being established
- Calculate labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, glazing consultants etc.)
- Obtain and review sub-contractors’ and material suppliers’ quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes fulfil the contract documents
- Complete Budgeting Schedules for projects after order is received
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
- Tracking the projects that you are responsible for and working with the Sales to convert to an order.
- Supporting Sales with potential customer requests for technical information, updated quotes or any product certification that is required
- Managing the recording of all quotes on the server in an organized fashion
- Following up on all enquiries – contacting the clients and keeping them informed as to when they will receive a full price and get feedback on same
Senior Estimator Requirements:
- Recognised third-level qualification in Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Accountancy or other relevant discipline
- Possession of excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to review and analyse construction drawings contract documentation and specifications
- Well-honed time management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation, as well as with external parties
- Highly engaged, proactive and motivated individual with a strong commercial understanding.
- Previous experience estimating small and large-scale projects
- Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to use CAD as well as other programmes for material take off.