Our client, a Tier 1 Contractor, requires an estimator for construction projects in Cork.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Management & Technical Staff
The position is based out of a Cork Office and salary will depend on experience.
- Liaising with the client
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Working closely with design team, construction managers and planners.
What you need
- Minimum of 5+ year experience estimating in construction
- You will be degree educated in a construction related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong team work skills
- High attention to detail and strong commercial acumen to understanding project costs.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
If this seems like the role for you, apply below! Alternatively, you can call Bobby on 087 916 01 69
If this position isn’t for you but you would like to discuss our other vacancies then feel free to get in touch or to suggest a colleague for the position as we have an attractive referral policy.