Our client, a Tier 1 Contractor, requires an estimator for construction projects in Cork.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Management & Engineering Staff
The position is based out of a Cork Office and salary will depend on experience.
- Liaising with the client
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Working closely with design team, construction managers and planners.
What you need
- Minimum of 5+ year experience estimating in construction
- You will be degree educated in a construction related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong team work skills
- High attention to detail and strong commercial acumen to understanding project costs.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office