Ward Personnel is an Irish recruitment company founded in 2010 which specialises in the construction sector. We have offices in Dublin, Cork and Athlone and provide construction personnel to construction companies nationwide. This Privacy Statement is most relevant to individuals who utilise our services when seeking employment.
If you would like to contact us in relation to any queries you might have relating to your data protection, please use one of the following options;
- Post: Ward Personnel Ltd, Unit 4 Portside, Marina Commercial Park, Centre Park Road, Cork.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: Speak to our Data Protection Officer on 021 233 9120
Ward Personnel is fully committed to protecting any personal information you agree to give to us and respect each individual’s privacy as a matter of utmost importance.
Ward Personnel collects personal information from individuals when the individual contacts us seeking our services. This information may include name, address, phone numbers, financial/banking details, email addresses, curriculum vitae, references as well as public links to public online profiles such as LinkedIn. We will only collect this information when the individual has provided it to us and when full consent has been given to us by the individual to allow us to use the information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
Legal Use of Information
All information which has been collected by us with the individual’s consent will be treated with strict confidence and security and in full compliance with General Data Protection Regulations. Ward Personnel only collects and uses the information in order to provide employment services as requested by the individual. The information will be used when matching an individual’s skills and experience to potential employment opportunities and will only be disclosed to potential employers with the individual’s consent.
We may use the individual’s information in the following circumstances;
- When considering an individual’s application for employment
- When notifying the individual of any potential employment opportunities
- To share an individual’s information with potential employers
- To respond to any queries or communication received from the individual
As the individual has given consent to the collection and processing of personal data, this provides the legal basis which allows us to use the data. Consent may be given by the individual when initially seeking to utilise our employment services or at a later date when the individual has read this Privacy Statement and has provided full consent to us to process his/her data.
We intend on retaining an individual’s personal data for 5 years from the date it is provided to us, unless other legal requirements dictate otherwise. This period is based on our experience of working with job-seekers who are open to hearing about new employment opportunities within the 5-year timeframe. An individual has the right to withdraw consent at any time or request to have their data deleted.
Rights of Individuals
Each individual has the following rights under GDPR legislation;
- Right of access – an individual can request a copy of all the information held relating to them.
- Right to rectification – an individual can correct any incomplete or incorrect data held relating to them without undue delay.
- Right to erasure – an individual can request all information to be erased from our records in certain circumstances (also known as right to be forgotten).
- Right to restriction – an individual can prevent processing of data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability – In some circumstances, an individual may be entitled to obtain personal data in a format that makes it easier to reuse information in another context, and to transmit this data to another data controller of the individual’s choosing without hindrance.
- Right to object – an individual has the right to object to certain types of processing of personal data where this processing is carried out in connection with tasks in the public interest, or under official authority, or in the legitimate interests of others.
- Right of restriction – an individual has a limited right of restriction of processing of personal data. Where processing of data is restricted, it can be stored by us, but most other processing actions, such as deletion, will require the individual’s permission.
- Rights relating to automate decision-making – an individual has the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. Processing is “automated” where it is carried out without human intervention and where it produces legal effects or significantly affects an individual.
Any requests relating to the above-listed rights can be directed towards any of the Ward Personnel contact points listed at the beginning of this Privacy Statement.
Making a Complaint
If an individual considers that processing of their data is not conforming to the GDPR or are unhappy with how Ward Personnel is handling their data, they have the right to make a complaint directly to the Data Protection Commission – contact details below;
- Post – The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone – 0761 104 800 or (LoCall) 1890 252231
Our website collects standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, information about your browser type and operating system. Information also includes the number of visits to our website and also the number of visits to each web page. This information is used for statistical purposes only to improve the performance of our website as we are able to analyse the usage patterns of users and subsequently improve user experience.
Protecting Personal Information
Ward Personnel treats its data and privacy protection responsibilities with utmost importance. The misuse of any personal information by our staff is treated extremely seriously in accordance with our Disciplinary Procedure and can lead to actions up to and including dismissal.
We use a variety of security features and technology in order to ensure data is maintained in a safe and secure manner. Unfortunately, when transmitting information via the internet or mobile phone networks, information is not entirely secure. We will do our utmost to protect all information provided to us but the transmission of this information to us via the internet or mobile networks is at the individual’s own risk. Once this information has been transmitted to us, we will ensure that it is handled with the appropriate security measures to ensure its protection.
Ward Personnel only shares personal information with third parties in a bid to increase our level of service to an individual who is seeking employment. These third parties are limited to external software providers and professional advisors. Information is only shared to increase our level of service to an individual. These third parties may not use this information for anything other than assisting us in providing a service to the individual and are not permitted to use the information for any other purpose.
Ward Personnel may also store information gathered from third parties such as references. This information will only be collected and used by us to enable us to provide a sufficient service to our clients as well as our candidates.
A cookie is a data/text file which is placed on a hard disk by a server when an individual visits a website. It may track information relating to the individual’s actions while visiting the website and is designed to improve the website performance by identifying the user’s preferences.
Cookies are automatically accepted by most web browsers. However, an individual can decide to decline cookies or receive a warning before cookies are stored by changing the settings on your internet browser. It is advised to consult the internet browser’s help section or user guide to ensure that an individual’s cookie preferences are specified.
Ward Personnel may edit or update this Privacy Statement if required. It is encouraged to periodically review this Privacy Statement to remain informed about how we are striving to protect any personal information which we collect.