Our client, one of Ireland’s leading building contractors, requires a Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser in West Dublin.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Management & Technical Staff
- Health & Safety Officer
HSE AdviserApply Online
The successful candidate will report to the HSE Manager and be responsible for supporting site-based staff. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of a level 7 qualification in Health and Safety
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role with a construction main contractor
- Be up to date with all current health and safety legislation
- Have excellent IT, Communication and Team working skills
- Be Flexible to travel to different sites
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
An attractive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate.