Our client, one of Ireland’s top mechanical engineering organisations, requires a Quantity Surveyor with Strong Mechanical experience, for a full-time, permanent role based in Dublin with some travel required.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Management & Engineering Staff
Mechanical Quantity SurveyorApply Online
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in some of the most significant contemporary projects carried out in Ireland.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Mechanical/Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with proven track record
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- A clear understanding of building regulations and legal guidelines
In return you will be offered a leading salary and benefits package.