Our client, one of Ireland’s leading building contractors, requires a Senior Site Engineer to join their site management team on a permanent basis in Dublin City.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
- Management & Engineering Staff
- Engineer (Civil)
Senior Site EngineerApply Online
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Site Engineer
- A relevant degree in Engineering or similar
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar
- An up-to-date knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Strong IT skills with proficiency of MS Project, MS Office, etc
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and people-management skills
- A strong construction background with a desire to progress within the industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and take responsibility to ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement the company’s quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
An attractive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate.