The Finishing Foreman is responsible for overseeing the final stages of the works process, focusing on the finish and quality aspects of projects in the Carlow, Kildare, Wicklow and Dublin areas.
Search Our Jobs« Back to job search
Snag ManagerApply Online
Ward Personnel require a Foreman to manage the snags on residential buildings in the Kildare, Carlow and Wicklow areas.
Overview of the Role
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring that projects are completed to the highest standards and meet client expectations. The Finishing Foreman is responsible for overseeing the final stages of the works process, focusing on the finish and quality aspects of projects in the Carlow, Kildare, Wicklow and Dublin areas. The role will oversee the day-to-day onsite operations and productivity of WI operatives, subcontractors, and site personnel. This is a fast-paced environment with multiple projects on the go. The person will play a vital part in the smooth-running of our business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Schedule Management: Collaborate with the Project Manager to ensure site works are completed on time and within budget.
- Project Supervision: Coordinate and supervise quality and finish of onsite works to ensure they are executed according to plans and specifications
- Subcontractor Management: Oversee and coordinate onsite operations, WI operatives and subcontractors to ensure their work aligns with the project schedule and quality standards.
- Health and Safety: Implement and enforce strict health and safety procedures to maintain a safe working environment for all personnel on the site.
- Problem Solving: Proactively identify and address any challenges or issues that may arise during the finishing stages of construction, find and execute efficient solutions.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and detailed records of site activities, progress reports, and issues for reporting to management.
- Proven experience as a Site Foreman/Finishing Foreman in residential projects.
- Knowledge of modern construction techniques with an ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Working knowledge of the latest building regulations and certification standards.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with desktops, PCs, mobiles and tablet
- Strong communication skills with ability to work well within, and lead teams.
- A Trade/Construction background or qualification.
- Proficiency in health and safety regulations and practices.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a keen eye for detail.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and present reports, defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Full, clean driving licence
Please apply with your CV below or contact Bobby on 087 916 0169.
If this position isn’t for you but you would like to discuss our other vacancies then feel free to get in touch or to suggest a colleague for the position as we have an attractive referral policy (€500 for successful Permanent Placements).